Hotmail, now known as Outlook is a suit of mailed based on online web. It is capable of performing several tasks at the same time. It is one of the most popular webmail services available today.
In addition, it also has one of the highest number of users of mail, and the number of users of Hotmail are estimated to be around 400 million. These users are people from all over the world, and are using Hotmail for various purposes.
It can be used for social interaction, academic activities, professional business activities, and even marketing of brands and products. Due to the availability of such a diverse range of tasks, which can be performed, Hotmail has gained the popularity it has.
Due to such a high number of users it has, it has also become a target of a diverse range of advertisers as well as promotional campaigns of several campaigns. This can prove to be really annoying for many who do not want to see these emails.
A feature known as the “Junk Folder” was developed. The purpose of this feature of “Junk Folder” is to gather all the unwanted emails in order to clear the inbox of the user from any unwanted content. All the unwanted content and emails accumulate in the junk folder of the email account.
However, even in the junk folder, it might be annoying for many people. First of all, it uses up the memory space allotted to the email account of the user.
Moreover, it may include some types of content which does not appeal to the user, and the user might want to block the junk folder. If you are looking to clear the junk folder as well, you have come to the right place. We will guide you on how to clear the junk folder in a step by step manner.
How one can log in to an account on Hotmail
By following the steps given below, one can log in to an account created on the platform of Hotmail:
- Go to Hotmail.com and log in to your account.
- Find a checkbox located at the top left of the email you want to add to the junk folder.
- Drag the cursor to the option of “Junk” present to the right of “Archive option”.
- Click on the “Junk” option.
- Drag the cursor to the left of the page. Below the option of “Inbox”, there will be an option of “junk Email”.
- Right click on the button.
- A small pop up menu will appear. Find and click on the option of “Empty Folder”.
- A dialogue box will appear. Click on the “OK” option.
- The junk folder will be emptied.
The junk folder will be emptied after following these steps. It is advisable to keep on clearing the Junk folder every once in a while so that the accumulation of useless data, causing stress on the allotted memory takes place. Furthermore, the junk folder might be home to various dangerous emails such as viruses and phishing as well.