In the event of forgetting the password to your email, you do not have to create a new email account again. Your Hotmail account can be easily recovered and you can set a new password for the account.
You can also recover your account if it is blocked. In the event of forgetting your password to your Hotmail, it can be recovered by following a few steps.
Many people forget the passwords to their Hotmail accounts every day and need to recover their accounts to retrieve important emails.
How you can recover your account in Hotmail
In this tutorial, we will guide you step by step how you can recover your account on Hotmail:
- Log on to https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx.
- Look for the option “I forgot my password” and click the NEXT option
- Enter the email address in the respective space and click the NEXT option
- Enter the verification code and click the NEXT option
- Select one of the options you want to receive the recovery code on, EMAIL or TEXT
- Click SEND CODE
- Enter the recovery code you have received via text or email
- Enter a new password and click the NEXT option
- By following this link address, you will be directed to hot mail’s reset password page. You have to click the option labelled “I forgot my password” and follow up by clicking next.
- Then you have to enter the email address of the account that you want to recover and select a method by which you want to receive the recovery code.
- There are two options among which you can choose. The recovery code can be sent to you either by an email to a different email address or via text on your verified mobile number.
- After you have chosen the method by which you want to receive the code, you will get an email/text, consisting of a few digits, on the respective address within a few minutes.
- Enter this recovery code in the respective space to verify your identity.
- This page will direct you to the new password page where you can enter a new password of your choice. The new password can be anything except the password that you have already used.
- After you have successfully entered the new password, the new page will verify that your account’s password has been changed.
The process is compete now. You can recover your Hotmail account easily and successfully by following the above mentioned steps.
In order to avoid any inconvenience, make sure that you are can easily remember the new password that you have set for your Hotmail account so that such problems can be avoided in the future.
You can also save the device that you use to access your Hotmail account everyday so you don’t have to verify it every time you log into your account.
If you are still unable to access your account at all, it may have been disabled by Microsoft ue to inactivity over a long period of time. In case of disability of account, try to re-activate your account and then change its password.